For 2023-2024, Abbotsford Virtual School will again be offering curriculum based on-site classes free of charge for our fully-enrolled Grade 9-12 students.
AVS is offering FUSION: a secondary school program that offers a blended learning environment incorporating the benefits of a teacher and classroom structure with the flexibility of online courses. This unique learning approach will provide students with essential tools for our ever-changing world. Open to full-time enrolled Grade 9-12 students, FUSION is a blend of online-based studies with two days a week in a classroom setting.
- Online courses in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English, PHE, Technology, Languages
- A team of dedicated teachers working in a technology-rich environment
- Two days of on-site instruction per week throughout the school year (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Small class sizes (maximum of 20 students)
- Hands-on learning & technology-supported
- Optimal project-based learning that reflects the new BC Curriculum
- Students must have their own laptop preferably a Windows laptop (not shared at home)
- Must be committed to attending all on-site classes and field trips
- Demonstrated interest in technology such as virtual reality, coding, littleBits, 3D printing, robotics
- Academically motivated, work well independently and prefers an accelerated pace
- Must be able to create, communicate and collaborate in group settings
- Capable of working in a flexible multi-grade learning environment
- Ability to maintain an effective daily schedule for learning in the home environment
- Actively participate in an extracurricular physical activity and arts program in the community
There are no fees for students.
Registration is open. Space is limited to a maximum of 20 students and formal acceptance will be based upon an interview.